Saturday, August 18, 2012

Who Needs Disney World?!

Photos of all of my many house projects are coming very soon, but I had to first start back (after my long sabatical) on a recent camping trip that we took! I think I'm hooked on camping:) Seriously, who needs Disney World when you have all of this so close by?!

We had been waiting to start camping again until our kids were old enough to sleep in a new place and I only had one child to keep away from fire pits. And, I think we made it! Even though every moment of the weekend wasn't perfect, there were a few that I will always look back on as being as close as you come. 



Willow River State Park


Packing to go camping almost took an entire day.


While Alan was setting up the tent, I took the kids on
the most beautiful hike.


I wish Alan could have been there...
the kids were AWESOME 2 1/2 mile hikers
and even posed for a few pictures!


"The Hanging Tree"


Sophie and Sydney just kept exclaiming,
"this was so worth it" over and over again:)


Resting after one of the longest and steepest hills
they've ever climbed.


They had to show their friends the next day.


Makes we want to return to Colorado!


The "Sumo" men sitting in the falls.


Fun on the bridge.


Time to plan our next camping trip!!


1 comment:

  1. You are braver than us! Glad that is was a great trip.

    -Jenny

    ReplyDelete