Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Blackout Balls...and a surprise creation from Carson!

Time to Complete: A good hour. I was going to make two batches, but my arms were pretty tired after crushing all of the Oreo's!
Servings: around 35










For those of you that know that we stopped eating sugar last August, you might be wondering why I'm posting such a sugary treat! We did stop eating sugar, BUT for two whole weeks around Christmas (when we couldn't handle all of the tantalizing treats constantly dangling in our faces anymore) we gave in and enjoyed ourselves:) We're back to "no sugar" again, unless it's one of our birthdays, but for those of you that enjoy a delicious treat...these are for you!


Ingredients:
1 pkg. JELL-O Chocolate Instant Pudding
1/2 Cup cold milk
36 OREO Cookies, finely crushed (about 3 Cups)
1 1/2 pkgs. BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate (12 squares), melted
1 square BAKER'S White Chocolate, melted








Step One:
Beat pudding mix and milk in medium bowl with whisk.









Step Two:
Add cookie crumbs; mix well. (I broke cookies into smaller pieces and then crushed them with my Pampered Chef food chopper.)









Step Three:
Shape into approximately 36 (1-inch) balls.







Step Four:
Freeze for ten minutes.


Step Five:
Dip in melted chocolate; place in single layer in shallow waxed paper-lined pan.







Step Six:
Refrigerate for twenty minutes, or until firm. Drizzle with white chocolate (you'll see red frosting in the picture); refrigerate for another ten minutes, or until firm. (I used a Wilton's bottle for the white chocolate so that I could control my "swirling" effects on the balls.)






Carson's Creation


This posting wouldn't be complete without showing what Carson worked on while I made these! He was bound and determined to make his own dish. At first, I was just helping him spell different ingredients that he chose for his recipe, but then he just kept going! I let him use some of my cookie mixture and he even chose to miss his "TV time" to make sure that I cut up the fruit and added the rest of the ingredients. He forgot the soy milk, but then let me decide if we should add it or not...I decided that it would be a little more appealing if it didn't look like soup:) 

Ingredients: (I asked him to choose 2 of the fruits below)
Cookies
Apple
Banana 
Orange
Soy Milk



Place your cookies in a pan and cut up your fruit.






Add your fruit to your pan.






And don't forget Chocolate Chips on top!!




Carson kept saying he was making this "healthy treat" for people coming the next night. I'm sad to say, we just put it in the fridge and never tried it...just looked at it. It sure was pretty cute, though, to see how excited he was to create his own recipe:)









No comments:

Post a Comment