Monday, February 20, 2012

The Easiest Headbands Ever!!

Time to Complete: 5 minutes (no joke!)
Level: Beginner 
Materials Needed

  • stretchy material (there are many different varieties and types of material that have some "give" in them. It doesn't really matter which one you choose, just make sure it stretches a bit).
  • sewing supplies








I have been wanting to try my hand at making the girls some headbands for quite some time now, so I decided I would give them some for Valentine's Day! I was pretty tired the night before Valentine's Day and almost talked myself out of making them, but they literally took about 5 minutes each and are super cute! 



I found these two fabrics in the clearance aisle at 
Hancock Fabrics. I bought 1/8 of a yard of each for a 
total of $2.33 and I still have a lot of fabric left! 




Cut out your fabric. I just "eye-balled" it and
cut a width of about 2 1/2 - 3 inches.
For the length, put it around your head
to get an idea of how long it should be.







Flip the fabric so that wrong side is up and fold it 
in half so that right sides are touching.
Next, fold a little of each fabric over toward the middle
and pin the 2 sides of the headband together.




Using your sewing machine, run the above ends
through the machine and sew together. Once you 
turn it right side out, it should look like the picture below.





In order to get a clean look, grab a needle and
thread to sew the next part by hand.
Turn the headband inside out and grab 
the ends. Fold them together.





With your needle, sew the folded parts together.





The bottom portion of the headband 
should look something like this.




These are the three that I made (bottoms up
so that you can see what they look like)!



2 comments:

  1. Oh Sarah, what takes you 5 minutes would take me over an hour! Those headbands are so cute!!! Love your posts!

    Catie

    ReplyDelete