Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Egg Muffins...a must-share recipe!!

This recipe was SO easy and fun to make that I had to share it. I pinned it on Pinterest a few days ago and thought I'd give it a try on my kids.  I'm glad I did and it will definitely become a staple meal in our family! These are a few of the comments that I heard: "Mmm, this is good!" and "Can we have this again?".  AND, it's one of those easy meals where you probably already have most of the grocery items in your cupboards or refrigerator! You can't beat that!


Time to Complete: 15 minutes of prep, 30 minutes to bake
Servings: 12 (adults will probably each eat 2)





Ingredients: (you can substitute most any of these ingredients)
One dozen eggs
Milk
Salt and Pepper
Vegetables (we used black beans, onions, tomatoes)
Cheese
Salsa (to spice it up after baking)



Scrounge around in your cupboards and fridge to 
find your ingredients!




Chop up your veggies and set everything out as you prepare to
create your egg muffins.





Find a Muffin Tin and spray or coat to prevent sticking. 
Crack one egg in each cup.




Mix approximately 1 Tbsp of milk with each egg.




Add salt and pepper.




I had each of my kids come up and tell me
EXACTLY what they wanted in their egg muffins 
(in hopes of avoiding complaining:).




Bake at 375 for 30 minutes.




Yum.




While the eggs were baking, we made toast, set the 
table, washed grapes, and got out our salsa.
I loved the idea on Pinterest, too, of letting them cool
and wrapping them individually for snacks or
"breakfasts on the go".




Enjoy!!










No comments:

Post a Comment